Very Quick and Simple Sponge Cake

The other day I was searching the internet for a nice cake recipe for my friend's surprise birthday cake when I came across the most surprising sponge cake. What was so surprising about it you may ask, well it consisted of 3 ingredients only, 3! So, obviously I couldn't resist but giving it a try.

This are the directions and ingredients:
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/gas 5 and grease a 20cm round cake tin. Mix in a bowl the eggs and the sugar until blended. With a spatula fold in the flour. Pour the mix into the tin and bake for about 25 minutes or until done. Let cool down and eat with some chocolate and ice-cream like we did!

To my surprise, it turned out pretty good. And it can be modified in a million different ways. You can add cacao powder or lemon/vanilla for a different flavour. You can decorate it with icing or a cover of melted chocolate. It's all up to your imagination! And it is dairy free! 

Let me know if you try and/or modify this beauty and how it turned out.

Labels: , , , , , ,